You finished school. Now, you are supposed to be a successful professional, but instead, you just feel like you have missed something. Perhaps you are having trouble finding a job. Or your job is not what you thought it would be. Or, maybe things have changed in life and what you thought you wanted to pursue didn’t turn out the way you had envisioned.
- 53% of recent college grads are unemployed or underemployed
- 68% of recent grads and students are working in a job not in their field
- 47% of recent grads are still receiving financial assistance from their parents
- Employment for those ages 16 to 29 is down to 55.3 % – the lowest rate of employment since World War II (US census data)
So what can a hopeful 20-something (or their parents) do? The answer lies with developing a personal vision for success based solidly on objective information about your aptitudes and natural abilities, interests, and core personality characteristics. This vision coupled with knowledge about the job market and training in career development skills can then be deployed to create a future with greater levels of success, independence, and overall satisfaction.
Yes, the job market has changed substantially. But studies show and hiring experts reveal that these statistics are most often due to lack of practical and critical job-finding and job-keeping skills—a prevalent issue among young adults today. The GOOD news is that there is much that can be done to combat these trends and equip young adults to set them apart in today’s marketplace.
Through a powerful combination of interactive discussion, industry-leading assessment tools, goal-directed mentoring, and training in career development skills, I will explore with you the critical areas where your natural aptitudes and abilities intersect with your personality type, interests, skills, and values. I can help you discover that place where your passion meets your “personal success DNA” — your distinctive hardwiring— and couple this direction with training in career development skills. I know what employers are looking for and can help you craft your aptitudes, interests, and strengths to be more appealing to those hiring.
2:10 Consulting works with young adults in key areas to:
- Understand how they are wired
- Grow in confidence
- Develop effective job networking skills
- Create a more professional online presence
- Sharpen resumes and cover letters
- Practice and perfect interview skills
- Develop “soft skills” such as professionalism and emotional intelligence
You are welcome to schedule a free, no-obligation 15-minute phone consultation to see how 2:10 Consulting can help set you up for success and equip you to move forward with confidence. The link to schedule is in the upper right hand side of this page.