I often hear the following types of concerns from my clients – can you relate?
- “I’ve lost touch with who I am over the last 15 years. I want to rediscover my talents and hopefully discover new ones. I want to live with focus and purpose, not just go through the motions.”
- “I hate going to work every day. I feel stuck. I want a career that’s more fulfilling and rewarding, but don’t know where to start or what my options are.”
- “I’ve been a stay-at-home mom now for the last 10 years. I want to go back to work, but wow—where do I start?”
- “I’m doing well in my job, but I’m just not happy. I wonder if I’m in the wrong career.”
- “I want to understand myself better and how I can be more effective at work and home.”
- “I would like to start or grow my own business, but there is just so much involved. Where do I need to start?”
- “I think I’m going to be laid off soon. What can I be doing now to make the transition to a career that I will really enjoy?”
- “I’m nearing retirement and would love to re-invent myself. I need a new vision for the next chapter of life.”
If you can relate to any of the above, you are likely at what we call a “turning point.”
All adults go through these normal periods of evaluation every 7 to 10 years. Despite the name, a turning point is not an isolated point in time – rather…
A “turning point” is a one to three year period of evaluation, heightened awareness, and decision-making that affects the next season of your life. Common turning points are:
- Moving into the work world
- The Age 30 Assessment
- The Midlife Assessment
- The Empty Nest Transition
- The 50s Assessment
- The Pre-Retirement Transition
Each turning point offers a great opportunity to evaluate, assess, and adjust your direction accordingly.
The key is approaching your turning point proactively through the development and implementation of a personal vision. Researchers have found repeatedly that a personal vision based on real and objective information is the one factor most predictive of a person’s success and happiness.
I can help you create a grounded personal vision and a plan of action to address your turning point with confidence, whether you want to start or grow your own business, re-enter the workforce, or transition into a more satisfying career.
Start with objective information about yourself. Through a powerful combination of interactive discussion and assessment tools as appropriate, I will help you discover that place where your passion meets your “personal success DNA”—your distinctive hardwiring. This lays a solid foundation for your personal vision.
We will thoughtfully integrate other important factors, such as your values, family, interests, skills, work motivators, and practical parameters into a creative mix. This helps you create a powerful vision that is unique and personal to you.
We will design a plan of action to bring your vision to life. The insight generated through this process will help you discern how to address your turning point and move forward in directions that will be most fulfilling and successful for you, personally and professionally.
“Since meeting with Jenny Larsen I’ve been able to focus more effectively on my job search. In the past, I didn’t know if I was in the right career or not. She was so affirming! And challenging at the same time. She didn’t just give me the results of the Highlands Ability Battery test, but took the time to get to know me and applied those results to me as a person. I would absolutely recommend working with Jenny and the Highlands Ability Battery to anyone at a career crossroads.”
“Thank you so much. You answered many of my questions without me having to ask. I appreciate how thoroughly you helped explain my Highland Ability Battery results. Your input on how to build my own business is excellent! I look forward to your professional expertise in the future.”
“Wow! Jenny was amazing to work with. All my fears and questions quickly vanished shortly into my conversation with her. She helped me to visualize my results in a way that allowed me to easily grasp them. Her kind-hearted spirit and excitement for me to discover my God-given abilities is absolutely a blessing. You can clearly tell that helping someone discover their gifts brings her joy and is something she was created to do. I feel so privileged to have worked with her.”
Get started by downloading the free 5 Things You Must Know to Have a Career You Love checklist!