I often hear the following types of concerns from my adult clients – can you relate?
- “I’ve lost touch with who I am over the last 15 years. I want to rediscover what I love to do and am good doing. I want to live with focus, passion, purpose, not just go through the motions.”
- “I hate going to work every day. I feel stuck. I want a career that’s more fulfilling and rewarding, but don’t know where to start or what my options are.”
- “I’ve been a stay-at-home mom now for the last 10 years. I want to go back to work, but wow—where do I start?”
- “I’m doing well in my job, but I’m just not happy. I wonder if I’m in the wrong career.”
- “I want to understand myself better and how I can be more effective at work and home.”
- “I would like to start or grow my own business, but there is just so much involved. Where do I need to start?”
- “I think I’m going to be laid off soon. What can I be doing now to make the transition to a career that I will really enjoy?”
- “I’m nearing retirement and would love to do something I love to do that fits better with my new season of life. I want a new vision for the next chapter of life.”
If you can relate to any of the above, you are likely at what we call a “turning point.”
ALL adults go through these normal periods of evaluation every 7 to 10 years. Despite the name, a turning point is not an isolated point in time – rather a turning point is a 1-3 year period of evaluation, heightened awareness, and decision-making that affects the next season of your life. Common turning points are:
- Moving into the work world from school
- The Age 30 Assessment
- The Midlife Assessment
- The Empty Nest Transition
- The 50s Assessment
- The Pre-Retirement Transition
Each turning point offers a great opportunity to evaluate, assess, and adjust your direction accordingly.
The key is approaching your turning point proactively through the development and implementation of a personal vision.
Researchers have found repeatedly that a personal vision based on real and objective information is the one factor most predictive of a person’s success and happiness.
I can help you create a grounded personal vision and a plan of action to address your turning point with confidence, whether you want to start or grow your own business, re-enter the workforce, or transition into a more satisfying career.
1 Start with objective information about yourself. Through a powerful combination of interactive discussion and assessment tools as appropriate, I will help you discover that place where your passion meets your “personal success DNA”—your distinctive hardwiring. This lays a solid foundation for your personal vision.
2 We will thoughtfully integrate other important factors, such as your values, family, interests, skills, work motivators, and practical parameters into a creative mix. This helps you create a powerful vision that is unique and personal to you.
3 We will design a plan of action to bring your vision to life. The insight generated through this process will help you discern how to address your turning point and move forward in directions that will be most fulfilling and successful for you, personally and professionally.
Do you want to start or grow your own private practice or business?
· the Business Coaching Package , or
· the Career Transition Package.
Do you want to transition into a more satisfying career or are you re-entering the workforce?
· the Aptitude Discovery Package Plus
· the Career Transition Package, or
· the Best-Fit Discovery Package.