Best-Fit Transition Package
"Best-Fit" = that which fits you best
The Best-Fit Transition Package is designed to help you find and transition into the career that is the best fit for you, that matches you best.
Quoting my favorite vocabulary building resource, Vocabulary.com, “When something fits like a glove, it fits just right. When you put a glove on, you fit each finger into its place. The word fit means here, ‘matching the shape of something’ or ‘being a good match.'”
A career that matches your aptitudes and innate abilities, your talents, your personality characteristics, your interests, your goals, and your values, is a career YOU will love and thrive in.
The Best-Fit Transition Package is designed to include all the benefits of the Best-Fit Discovery Package plus it includes an innovative software program that helps you craft a vision for your next chapter and extra coaching and support to help you actually make the transition into your best-fit career happen.
I’ve found that using a holistic combination of much discussion with the client plus the results of the Highlands Ability Battery, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the Strong Interest Inventory, and the Knowdell Career Values Card Sort yields the most specific direction. All the assessments are considered the “gold standards” of their type of assessment, and have excellent reliability and validity. Learn more about each of the assessments.
Included in the Best-Fit Transition Package:
- Ten total hours interactive discussion time – typically two 2-hour meetings to get to know the client, define objectives, and share assessment results and suggested career paths and six one-hour follow up coaching meetings
- Highlands Ability Battery (objective natural ability and aptitude assessment)
- Personal Highlands Career Exploration Supplement (identifies careers to explore based on aptitudes)
- Personal Work Types
- Comprehensive report interpretation
- Custom list of best-fit career paths individually hand-selected for each client
- Custom Best-Fit Career Evaluation Guide individually written for each client
- Custom Executive Summary individually written for each client
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment (identifies core personality preferences, work/learning motivators, and work culture that will be best fit)
- MBTI Career Report
- Strong Interest Inventory assessment (identifies interests and work motivators in comparison to people in 130 occupations who like their work)
- Strong Interest Inventory College or Interpretative report
- Knowdell Career Values Card Sort exercise (identifies career values that are most important to the individual)
- Career Values identification report
- Manual dexterity and grip aptitude tests and color vision screening available for clients meeting in our office
- Six month access to the innovative One Life Tools career statement online platform to empower a personalized vision statement and proactive career choices
- Total of over 135 pages of personalized reports and individualized suggestions for careers, learning, & success strategies
- Mentoring in career development skills, learning and college success strategies, job search approaches, soft skills, interviewing, networking, sharpening resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, etc.
- Application resources
- Email follow up coaching series
- Follow up by email and phone in the future
- Group coaching series or additional hours of one-one-one coaching available separately
- $100 Immediate Family discount for other members of your immediate family that go through one of the Best-fit packages at the same time or any time in the future
Investment: one payment of $1995, two payments of $1025, three payments of $695, or four payments of $530.
“I just wanted to say thank you SO much for all your help over the summer. I thankfully have a job now that I really enjoy. I know when I had the interview at this company I was so confident and was able to relay my strengths as a worker thanks to my sessions with you. I’m usually nervous during interviews, but I’ve learned since being hired that I stood out for my confidence, which I never thought would happen. I still have that binder full of information about myself, and I’ve read through it multiple times because it really does help with giving me confidence as well as figuring out what tasks I should ask to work on while at this job. All of this is to say thank you. I’m so glad my mom put me in touch with you, and I really value your insight and the work you do.”
Step One – Schedule your First Meeting
The first step is to schedule your first meeting to be held in person or by Skype through my online scheduling system – click here to schedule first meeting.
Step Two, Part One – Make Payment
Payment is due no later than 48 hours prior to the first meeting through my online scheduling system. You can pay with a credit/debit card at the time you schedule, or return to the payment page later. You can opt to make one payment of $1995.00, two payments of $1025.00, three payments of $695.00, or four payments of $530.00. If choosing any payment option, the first payment is due no later than 48 hours prior to the first meeting, and subsequent payments will be automatically charged every 30 days. If you prefer to spread out your payments even more, that is handled through PayPal. They offer a no payments + no interest option if paid in full within 6 months. Please give our office a call if you’d like an invoice to pay through PayPal – 918-949-9006. Please note: I offer a $100.00 discount for the second, third, etc. members of your immediate family that go through the Best-Fit/Total Assessment process at the same time or in the future.
Step Two, Part Two – Return Client Information Form
Step Two, Part Three – Take First Online Assessment
After you schedule you will also immediately receive a link to take the first online assessment, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). The MBTI takes about 20 minutes to complete and also needs to be completed no later than 48 hours prior to the first meeting.
Step Three – First Meeting
The first meeting will be two hours long, and the client and I will meet one-on-one. Objectives include discussing and verifying the results of the MBTI since it is a two-part assessment, completing a few additional assessment items, and discussing interests, experience, goals, and the world of work using Holland’s RIASEC framework.
Step Four – Take Second, Third, & Fourth Online Assessments
After our first meeting, I will email instructions for taking the three other online assessments/exercises, the Strong Interest Inventory, the Highlands Ability Battery, and the Knowdell Career Values Identification Card Sort. You can either complete them at home or you may make an appointment to complete them in our office. The Career Values takes 5-10 minutes to complete and the Strong 20-30 minutes. The Highlands contains 19 worksamples that take approximately 3 hours to complete, but the battery goes very quickly because it is composed of a series of short games and challenges. It can easily be broken up into short segments over the course of several days, if preferred. Please note: all assignments must be completed at least 7 days (11 days for Skype meetings) prior to our second meeting, the feedback conference.
Step Five – Second Meeting (Feedback Meeting)
Our second two-hour meeting is the feedback meeting, and I ask that at least one parent be present for all clients 25 years of age and younger. We will go over all the results and tie together all the information. You will receive a custom Executive Summary, a custom Career Fit Evaluation Guide, and a custom hand-selected list of career paths along with over 135 pages of personalized reports and recommendations for career paths, learning strategies, and a plan of action. This meeting also includes training on how to research career options using recommended online sources and informational interviews. After the meeting I would love your feedback, so I can continue to improve my process.
Step Six – Research, Informational Interviews, Processing Results
My clients typically leave the feedback meeting with 3-6 great-fit career path options that they are excited to investigate further. An essential step in the process is researching these career paths online and through informational interviews and job shadowing to determine which is the best-fit. I will be available to help by email, text, and phone.
Step Seven – Six Hours Follow Up Coaching
Follow up includes six one-hour meetings to discuss what was discovered through your research, work on your vision statement being crafted through the One Life Tools platform, and help implementing your action plan. These meetings also include mentoring in career development skills such as job search approaches, soft skills, interviewing, networking, sharpening resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, etc. You will also receive a series of coaching and content emails to provide career development help on a variety of topics. Even after the official follow up meetings, I will be available to answer questions via email or phone.
Step Eight – Extended Hourly Coaching and Group Coaching
Moving forward, I meet with clients on an hourly basis for coaching, mentoring, interview preparation, and consulting on career-related topics and skill development. I also offer a group coaching series to help clients transition successfully to their best-fit careers by providing ongoing encouragement, support, and training.
*I have learned that a deadline is very motivating and helpful, so Steps One through Eight of the Best-Fit Transition Package must be completed by one year from payment, or any difference between amount paid and current rate will be in effect to finish the process.
Get started by downloading the free 5 Things You Must Know to Have a Career You Love checklist!