Discover your Innate Abilities
The most effective decisions regarding college majors and career paths are firmly based upon your innate abilities and aptitudes. This package offers a cost-effective and fun way to discover your innate abilities with friends, so you can choose the college major and career path that is the best fit for your unique set of strengths.
Included in the Aptitude Discovery Group Debrief:
- Highlands Ability Battery assessment (a “gold-standard” objective natural innate ability and aptitude assessment composed of nineteen timed worksamples, all with a strengths-based focus)
- Eleven Highlands Ability Battery application-focused reports including:
- Highlands Ability Battery Report Index report (identifies your natural abilities in 19 different areas and potential areas of challenge)
- Highlands Ability Battery Work Types report (predicts transferrable functions at work and school that will come most naturally to you)
- Highlands Ability Battery Career Exploration Supplement report (identifies many career paths to explore based on your specific aptitude patterns)
- Highlands Ability Battery Learning Strategies (shares learning strategies based on the individual’s unique pattern of natural abilities)
- And seven more helpful reports
- One 2.5-hour group meeting by Zoom to explain and apply results and work on identifying best-fit
- One (1-hour) one-on-one consultation will be complimentary for one “official group coordinator” as a thank you for coordinating the group
- Next steps and application resources, including a series of follow up coaching emails
- Option to add on, at time of initial purchase or no later than 7 days before the meeting, one custom-written “Summary of Highlights” report individually written for the client, for an additional $225, if desired
- Option to add on one (1-hour) one-on-one consultation for an additional $125.00, if desired (this includes a $25.00 discount)
- Group coaching, one-on-one coaching, and/or additional assessments are available separately if more specific direction for careers is desired.
Step One – Decide to Coordinate a Group and Gather 4 or More People Who Want to Discover Their Innate Abilities to Make the Most Effective College and Career Decisions
If you have five or more in your group, the fee is $300/person. With four in your group, the fee is $350/person. (With three, the fee is $470/person.) One official group coordinator will receive one (1-hour) one-on-one follow up consultation as a thank you for either themselves or their student. (This is complimentary for only one official group coordinator per group.)
Step Two – Identify Two or More Dates When All Members of Your Group are Available to Meet
It is best to choose dates at least 3-4 weeks in the future, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your date options for the 2.5 hour group meeting and check on availability. Meetings will be held by Zoom. Group meetings are typically scheduled at 10:00, 1:00, or 3:30. I have found that the 1:00 time slot often is ideal, so I recommend that time if it works for your group. When you email with your date options, please also share the names and emails of all of your group members (and parents, if the group members are students).
Step Three – Officially Register and Pay Once a Group Debrief Date is Scheduled
Once a date is scheduled for your group debrief, we will create the meeting in our system and email each group member the link to officially register and pay. Please note that payment must be received from everyone no later than two weeks before the group meeting in order to move forward with the scheduled date. Everyone will have the option at time of initial payment (or no later than one week before the meeting) of adding on the custom-written “Summary of Highlights” report individually written for the specific client.
Step Four – Receive Directions Email with Links for Taking Highlands Ability Battery (HAB), Interest Profiler, and Completing the Client Information Form
Upon registration and payment we will email each group member a Directions Email with a unique code and instructions for taking the HAB, a link to take the Interest Profiler, and a link to complete the official Client Information Form. All three assignments must be completed by each group member by no later than one week prior to the group meeting in order for the meeting to move forward as scheduled.
Step Five – Complete Highlands Ability Battery, Interest Profiler, and Client Information Form
In preparation for the group meeting, I need each group member to complete the following assignments by no later than one week before the meeting:
- Complete 5-minute Interest Profiler Quiz
- Complete Client Information Form
- Complete Highlands Ability Battery (HAB) assessment
The HAB will be completed online at the time and place of your choosing. It is composed of 19 games and challenges that will take about 3 hours to complete, but not in one sitting. You will be able to log on and off using your username and password, so you can take the assessment at the time, place, and pace that work best for you. Please note: the HAB, Interest Profiler, and Client Form must be completed by all group members at least one week prior to our group debrief meeting, in order to avoid having the meeting rescheduled.
Step Six – Review Highlands Ability Battery Results
One week before the group meeting, I will forward the Highlands Ability Battery reports for your review prior to our group meeting.
Step Seven – Group Debrief Meeting
We will hold our 2.5 hour group meeting to go over the results by Zoom. If you added on the custom-written “Summary of Highlights” report for yourself or your student at the time of initial purchase, or no later than one week before, you will receive it at/before the group meeting.
Step Eight – Next Steps Moving Forward
During the meeting I will demonstrate several excellent sites for researching career paths and informational interviews. In addition, each group member will receive other application resources and a series of training emails. If desired, you may also add on one (1-hour) one-on-one consultation for an additional $125.00 for six months following the meeting, so I can share more specific personalized direction moving forward.
The one (1-hour) one-on-one follow up consultation after the meeting will be complimentary for one official group coordinator or their student as a thank you for coordinating the group.